Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I saw a tulip tree blooming!!!

So yesterday I was driving back from the library with the kids and I looked to the right and the tulip trees are starting to bloom. I have never seen a spring like those here in the DC area. We have 4 main blooming shrubs/trees and when combined they are incredibly beautiful and will last a good month. The four are cherry trees, tulip trees, azaelas and dogwoods. BEAUTIFUL. My favorites by far are the tulip trees. I've told Kevin that when we get settled I was going to plant tulip trees everywhere in our yard in anticipation of a wonderful spring. I wasn't able to include a picture of the tree I saw but they all bloom the same. At Georgetown the whole front of the Medical School is lined with tulip trees. Here's a link to a beautiful picture of the blossoms. I'll post a picture that I have of us last year with the tulip trees when I find it. Tulip Trees Picture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home