Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And don't come back!!

So T threw the biggest fit today because he wanted the telephone. In my home when kids throw fits they go to the "cry room" until they settle down. When they finish crying they can let themselves out. If they come out and are still crying then mommy puts them into timeout where she decides how long they are in time out (usually 1 minute for every year of life). Anyway, T threw a fit and got sent to the cry room. When he came out again he saw the phone again (up high on the shelf) and started crying again. So he got put into mommy timeout... right as his own mom showed up. She was shocked because she's never heard him cry like that... Oh please I've heard him do it with her standing there. Anyway the comment was made "I'm not pleased how this week has wound down. I'll be trying to make other arrangements for tomorrow instead of bringing him here. " All I did was look at her and say "OK". She couldn't make eye contact or anything. Funny thing. later that evening. I went to enrichment. She called while I was out. Kev said all she said was "Husband is taking the morning off and I'm taking the afternoon so T will not be coming tomorrow. We will drop off a check later during the weekend." then she hung up. Oh well. sianara

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 01:40:00 PM, Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

I used to work at a preschool (3-4yos). I was amazed at the things some parents let their kid get away with (spitting right in their face and other outragous disrespect Yes they're 4 but not all 4yos do that repeatedly)! Then I'm floored when I tell them at the end of the day that the kid didn't have had a very good day for whatever reason and they tell me "really?! He/she's never done that before!" Yeah, right! I watched them do it to you this morning! Arg. I can understand being a little blind to some things your kids does (minor things) but spitting in faces and biting other kids, not even! We finally had to kick a couple of little kids out because of their behavior and the parents were shocked and angry. My reaction was a little more enthusiastic than yours. Privately I said "Woohoo!!" Was that wrong?

 
At 3/16/2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Oh don't get me wrong I'm jumping for joy that he's gone. Seriously, we did a little happy dance. It just left a bitter taste in the mouth because this lady is somewhat crazy

 
At 3/17/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

That really bugs me that she said those things.

btw, I'm anxious to see those pictures of you with the new haircut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home