Monday, March 20, 2006

Life back

So I am weird. Period. Just flat out weird. If the disclaimer on anything says less than 5% of people experience these side effects it will inevitably happen to me. I stopped reading all side effect labels a while ago hoping that I was really a hypocondriac and so I wouldn't think I had the side effects even if I did. Cortisone cream... Allergic, virtually unheard of, latex, allergic/sensitive, lanolin.... red spots, cracked skin and itchy, flagyl... red all over and ready to take the skin off itchy. So latest less than 5% is birthcontrol. This one I did read everything on it because I had a bad experience with the depo shot. I had the depo shot twice after Spencer was born. For those who don't know the depo shot is a progesterone shot that will last 3 months, so you only need one shot every three months and you're done. Bad experience so my doctor put me on the pill. The pill is Estregen and Progesterone, stuff your body makes. With most people estrogen = happy. For most people going on the pill is a good thing. Their hormones level out, acne improves, periods regulate..... hahahhaha except for less than 5% of people. So essentially a while ago I felt like I tanked energy wise. I literally had no energy. I didn't associate this with the birth control because I had been taking it for almost 18 months. In those 18 months I haven't had a period, not a bad thing I must say. Anywhoo, I'd say about last July things started going downhill for me as far as energy wise. I just thought I wasn't getting enough sleep, although I was getting anywhere from 8-10 hours a night. I attributed it to taking care of 5 kids less than 3 during the day as well as Kev being in school and having little help with the kids. Never thinking about the pill. I couldn't make myself excited about anything really. I tried the stuff my mom has always encouraged me to do. I did the stuff that normally made me happy to no avail. I made sure I played the piano, read books for myself, watched fun movies. Nothing seemed to yank me out of my funk. So this past month Kev finally got to the dynamics of Ob/gyn pathology and a lightbulb went off in his brain. Umm side affect (affecting less than 5% of the population) of the pill is depression. Luckily I had a Dr's appointment the next week and I went in. It's pretty crazy when someone tells you you're depressed and you've just been thinking you're going through a hard spell with general life. Anyway the Dr and Kev agreed and I'm off the birth control pill just to see if that was the cause of the little amounts of energy. HOLY COW!! I forgot what it was like to have energy enough to do things. To actually want to get off the couch and clean the house. My house is clean!!!! Yipee! My kids are happier. I feel like I've had a jolt of major caffine in my veins! This is sick crazy to think of the HUGE difference in how I've been feeling. So for most people the pill regulates them out... unless you fall into the catagory of less than 5%. Now we just have to figure out the birth control thing... "Hello to You've got your life back Mike Wizouwski"

1 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

lol! Oops ok I just snorted. hee hee. Kev's looking with a really funny look right now. lol!!! OK making me really laugh. You poor soul how many days? 28?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home