Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Girl scout cookies

Is there anything better than girl scout cookies? I mean really who can top a thin mint or a Samoa? Maybe a frozen Tagalog. Seriously they are pure bliss.... as long as you don't look at the nutrition label. They make you smile and they make bad days good. Regardless of how tired, emotionally exhausted, did I mention tired? you are they make everything ok. I was lucky enough to have a sweet little brownie come by my house taking orders last month. And lucky enough to have one of my dear friends have a daughter who is also a brownie approach me the day after I bought some from the little girl in my neighborhood. How could I say no? No, not me. I have 7 yes 7 boxes waiting to be consumed by Kev, kids and I. We received our first batch of cookies about 2 hours ago. 2 boxes are already gone, one is freezing in the freezer and well I'm happy. I gave my notice yesterday to T's family. The response "oh ok." ummm ok. Apparently her job (temp job) ends April 15, she wasn't going to tell me this until after we get back from J's wedding. So it's all good. I'm glad I made that decision to terminate it. Especially to have the confirmation that they were also not going to tell me until the last possible moment that they will be leaving. However, I also received notice that I'm getting a raise from E's parents of $100 extra a month *yipee*. I'm really excited because I have 2 more days of T (who cried all day today because I had the baby today and he really really doesn't like not being the youngest). Anywhooo happy happy right now. So much stressing for nothing. Ahhhh.. OK I'm joking, it wasn't nothing... almost $1000/mo and in med-school = way way big deal. But hey, at least it's fun. I'm looking forward to the end when we look back at our lives and laugh and think how crazy we are. But, we ran the numbers and we're good to go!! Whoo hoooo FREEDOM! FREEDOM!! Some things are WAY more important (see definitions for health, sanity, respect, vomit... or lack of) I'm free!!! *note: girl scout cookies come out of my "slush fund". I get ~$25/wk for babysitting Jeanie's daughter and we consider that our "sanity money" This is the stuff where we can run to Taco Bell or Pollo Rico (which I highly recommend for those in DC aread) and girls scout cookies. I lost 5 pound in anticipation of gaining 5 lbs with the cookies. *hee hee* now that's what I call true love.

4 Comments:

At 3/02/2006 08:25:00 AM, Blogger athena said...

i had been wondering about you, how you were doing, because you hadn't been posting as often. good to hear of the good news--nothing like you fav cookies, a pay raise and being 5 pounds less! :-)

 
At 3/02/2006 09:47:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

well I kind of destroyed the whole 5 lbs things yesterday thanks to the cookies. It was worth it though. :-)

 
At 3/02/2006 03:18:00 PM, Blogger athena said...

i didn't read the last sentence very well, did i, lol. but that's the attitude--that it was all worth it! i ate a big plate of a white chocolate bread pudding just yesterday. i would have licked the plate clean if i could. my stomach ached afterwards but boy was it good. i know the feeling, lol.

 
At 3/02/2006 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Glad all worked out with T's parents. It's it great to feel the stress of something just leave?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home