Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Watching planes

So I've mentioned here about the Arlington Alert system. For those who dont' have it they were in high panic last week due to the flyovers of many f-16s and stealth bombers over the houses of Arlington. See in case you missed the news the Airforce Memorial was dedicated this past weekend and the planes were practicing all week long. I must say it was incredibly impressive to sit on our couch with 4 little toddlers waiting for another one to fly by. The kids were concerned that they were "bad planes" due to the noise level. I had to assure them that they were very very good and very cool planes. On Saturday I took the kids to see the flyovers at the dedication. We were right across the way from the pentagon and could see everything. I must say I had way more fun than the kids. Here are the picts. I was only able to find one of the planes that we saw. They were very very cool though. They came in low and seemed to be able to just drop on us where we were. I could imagine the feelings of the Europeans as they saw the B-52 bombers and the mustangs flying overhead as they went to go bomb people. Quite impressive it was. Tired of waiting for the planes Spencer decided to do his own one man air show. I must say he had everyone chuckling because of how cute he was running around in circles with his cute little airplane he brought. The kids were tired of waiting after the first initial planes. They decided to take naps while I watched facinated at the blank sky. Here the monkeys are playing hide and seek whiling away the time. The big building in the background is the Pentagon. To give you an idea we are on the exact opposide side of the Pentagon where the plane struck on Sept 11. You probably can't see the little blips in the sky that Spencer is pointing at. When the planes were overhead to look at them you had to look toward the sun and the kids refused to do that so they watched the blips. One of the coolest planes ever. Stealth bomber. This is a B-24 bomber. This was a very very cool plane to watch. My camera just didn't do it justice. The view we had of the plane was extremely clear and close. I don't know why my camera made it look like it was far away. It literally glided just above the trees were were standing under. Here's a good pict below this one of what it really looked like. I think I need a better digital camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home