Monday, October 09, 2006

squash

I love squash. I must say the lovely colors of the peel/husk/shell, whatever you want to call it, the flavors and well the cooking. I bought some butternut squash Saturday and set to work creating in my kitchen. OOOOOOHHHH the love. I made a wonderful butternut squash and leek soup. It was heavenly, especially since the day was wet and cold. I was able to sit and curl up and eat my soup, which Megan refused but Spencer loved. Spencer also partook of my lovely creation. After putting most of the soup away in the fridge for another day I gave him the pot with the drippings. He is my son. Yep that he is. He sat there and proceeded to eat a half a loaf of bread by dipping it into the soup (which his dad had been doing previously). Oh yes, a complete half loaf of bread. Did I mention it was good? Today we are doing acorn squash (learned from a friend in college, halved, roasted buttered and brown sugared.... yummm)

4 Comments:

At 10/09/2006 03:43:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

I am also a squash lover. I like curried squash and apple soup. Your squash and leek sounds so good! Can I get the recipe?

 
At 10/09/2006 07:44:00 PM, Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

YUM-O! Can I come to your house for dinner? :)

 
At 10/11/2006 12:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel it too. my wife makes a delicious squash with the inside scooped out and filled baked apple pieces covered in cinnamon. mmmm.

 
At 10/11/2006 10:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a ton of butternut squash at the u-pick farm near us- can you share the recipe?? I love it, but want to do something besides bake it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home