Monday, October 09, 2006

phone conversations

Kevin was talking on the phone with his parents last night while I was putting the kids to bed. He had them on speaker phone so it was fun to hear them during the routine. It was also fun to hear them suddenly grow silent when they heard Spencer and Megan singing "Teach me to walk in the light" as they get ready for bed. Then I asked Megan if she wanted Grandma to help her with her prayers. She loved the idea (I think grandma did too). So Kevin held the phone up close to Megan and Grandma helped her with her prayers. Spencer waited quietly, thrilled and waited for his turn with his arms folded. Then he got his turn. It was cute to see their little faces lit up by the light of the cell phone. Must say it was something we will be asked to redo tonight when we get them to bed. I can just hear it now "brush teeth, drink water, sing songs, then prayers with grandma?" maybe on Sundays. It's my favorite time of day... and no not just because they are going to bed, we sing songs because and no matter how frustrated I am or wound up they are the primary songs calm everyone and we go to bed happy. The kids can be in terrible moods or very upset about something but once those songs get going everything is calm and they are at their cutest. So I will keep my nights, Grandma we'll call you on Sunday night for prayers with grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home