Tuesday, October 17, 2006

On being a Princess

Megan had reached the stage where she feels that she needs to wear skirts ALL the time. Today I put some khaki's on her with a polo and she hollered, oh how she hollered. She couldn't wear pants because she had to be a princess at school. She needed a skirt. Not having one readily available (meaning they all needed to be ironed or were dirty, she only has 3) I told her that they were all dirty. She pointed to the one she wore yesterday and said "No mommy, I was careful, that one's not dirty." I however being the materialistic individual that I am would not let her wear the same thing two days in a row. I know I know, why not? It was a jean skirt. I'll tell you why not because we go to a school where everyone else is extremely wealthy and my daughter is already on the outs because she doesn't ride the school bus to school like the "cool kids" (when did this change? When I grew up the cool kids were the ones that didn't ride the bus) and she doesn't have strawberry shortcake yogurt for lunches. I was not going to doom her to wearing the same outfit. Anywho, I found a skirt that didn't wasn't too wrinkled and slapped that on her with some tights and some tennis shoes voila dressed for school. I think I'm going to have to make an excursion for more skirts later today. That or do more laundry which probably isn't going to happen. It's ok. I remember wanting to wear skirts. My favorite was a red one that my grandma made for me. It had red polkadots. I could twirl in it. hee hee.

2 Comments:

At 10/17/2006 01:25:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Ness, skirts are super easy to sew. You can whip several out in one afternoon. Megan's still little and it would only take about half a yard of material for each skirt. Cheap and easy!

 
At 10/18/2006 03:51:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Hahahahhaha!!! I laugh at you. SEW a Skirt?! you're crazy. hahahhahaha! I don't think that's going to happen. Good suggestion though. I might actually do it once I stop laughing at the thought of sewing with toddlers running around in our tiny space with a sewing machine present. I did it for our quilts and I nearly went insane with their constant attempts at going for the sewing machine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home