Friday, March 31, 2006

I'm stumped. Thanks a lot Dave

So I actually have to post this. I've been following Dave's list of vocab words for a bit, happy and content to know that the majority of the word he posts I can usually use in a sentence, although not the same sentence like he does. However this week he stumped me. Here is his list Okay, here’s a new set of words, almost all from William Gibson’s Neuromancer. I’m afraid that this is the least useful set thus far, but it’s still a test of the breadth of your vobularic insights. 1. epicanthic 2. sigil** 3. glyph** 4. agoraphobic 5. chassis (rhymes with Lassie)** 6. cant (sounds like can’t)** 7. detritus 8. atavism 9. triptych 10. knurl Here are the definitions. The ones with an * are the ones I know. AHHHHH I've failed. Usually I know all of them except 1 or 2. This week was completely humbling. Fun but humbling. I thought all y'all would have fun with these. :-)

2 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 10:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed that you knew 40%. I knew 0%. Nice work!
d

 
At 3/31/2006 03:45:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

OK that made me feel better. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home