Monday, February 06, 2006

Sufficiently humbled

Yesterday I learned a good lesson. I learned I need to stop thinking of myself, my issues and be grateful. Kevin was so sweet yesterday. He knew I'd been struggling and really made it a point to treat me like a princess. I think my nap was about 3 hours. Kev took care of the kids and I slept. It's funny how life changes in a day. I knew I had been approaching a limit but I wasn't going to take care of it. I didn't know how to cut down and just relax and enjoy life. Of course hitting a period wasn't helping. Last week everything, including I, tanked. I think I cried more last week than I had the entirety of last year. I was struggling with loneliness, exhaustion, hormones and a very self pitying attitude. This weekend really showed me how in tune Heavenly Father is with my needs. Friday I received some blankets from my grandmother (Guelita). The kids loved it and it made me feel that my family loved me so much. Sunday included listening to the testimonies born in church and realizing that my troubles are really small in comparison to others'. I have several people who normally don't talk to me (shy people) just come and say hi and engage me in conversation. That was fun and really what I needed (the whole adult conversation is a good thing). That along with Kevin letting me sleep yesterday, the enjoyable time Kevin and I had together just sitting while the kids slept and we watched the Superbowl (YEA! STEELERS!). I was able to recharge my battery. I was able to reassess what I'd been going through. Yesterday I realized how grateful I am to be where I'm at. I'm grateful to be helping Kevin realize his dream. I'm grateful to have this opportunity to struggle so that after residency thing will be that much sweeter. I am so grateful to be able to provide for the family so that Kevin doesn't have to worry about it while he's in school. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to teach these sweet kids and their funny little characters. I had to laugh when I read Dandelion Mama's post because it really made me laugh while at the same time verbalized what I was thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home