Monday, January 30, 2006

STUPID DEMOCRATS!!!!!

So when the whole small business issues were going on in Washington I really didn't pay attention to what happened. All I remember is that the Democrats were all upset because George Bush wanted to give small businesses tax breaks and technically he had a "small business". Now I understand why that was all so important. You see while that was going on I never imagined that I myself, moi, would have a small business. That's what I have to classify my daycare system that I run out of my home. On average I work 11 hour days and am completely exhausted by the end of the day (5 toddlers all but 1 under the age of 3). Last year we had to buy a mini-van (sigh I'm one of THOSE women) because we couldn't fit everyone (mine and the kids I watch) into our sedan (huge expense!). Well we figured out that total, before taxes, without deductions and everything I made $26,000. Now back to the taxes. For my small business (according to turbo tax, yes we are going to do something else instead in hopes for different outcomes) I have to pay $3-4000 in "small business tax". ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I only freaking earned $26,000. Compare this to the cost of living in the DC area (our rent alone is $1275/mo and that's a normal price). Sigh. This sucks. I think we finally made it into the return mode last night about 1 am when we added in the EIC. You know I never realized how distanced many of these politicians are from us po' people. *sigh*. Not only that because we were using the van for business purposes AND we drove it to church we "used it for personal use as well". So we can't even write off the van (After a year we only have 4,500 miles on it). The taxes gave us $324 of deduction for our mini-van that we bought for the business. Did I mention taxes suck?

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Man, I feel your pain. Try going to H&R Block. They guarantee their services and will figure out the best way to pay (or not pay) your taxes.

BTW, the links for Allison's blog and 'The Chubby Girl Brigade' don't work. You have two http://'s in front of them.

 
At 1/30/2006 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Thanks Motts for the info. The links work now. How'd you know about the 2 http://s? You were right. Still new at this...

 
At 1/30/2006 08:34:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

If you just scan the mouse over your links the address comes up at the bottom of your screen. That's how I knew. Found that out purely by accident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home