Monday, January 30, 2006

In search of a dress.... And a body to fit it.

So my sister-in-law Julie is getting married. She is having a party/reception/rehearsal/bachelorette/bachelor party the night before. Yes, I have absolutely no idea what to call it. She wants all the women to dress in pink and the boys to have some sort of baby blue in their clothing (I know what you're thinking... "80s?" sorry Julie, it had to come out, it should be fun, I'm getting a hot dress *hee hee*). The party is supposed to be semi-formal (cocktail) in nature so I am on the hunt for an amazing dress (heck if I'm going to buy a dress, I'm going to look hot in it). Sadly enough I must admit that I am also on the hunt for a body to go in it. So I have started my "Accelerated body sculpting" video again. I must say for those that haven't found it, it is AMAZING!!! For those of you who have seen me lately.... don't judge by what you've seen, I haven't been using it, but I digress. I used this for 3 weeks (not even regularly) twice one week. 3 times the next and 2 times the next and I lost 1 1/2 inches on my waist. Of course then thanksgiving came, laziness set in, stress accumulated and well my workout fell by the wayside but hey at least I know it works! Anywhoo I did it once last week, followed by 3 days of too much soreness to do squat and then did it again today. Hopefully by March I'll at least have lost something. So now for the dress. I think I found the one I want. Seen here. I will be getting my hair trimmed up and layered and Jeanie, my ever faithful friend will be dudding me up. Jeanie is a makeup artist. She worked for ABC doing their makeup here in the DC area and she knows her stuff. You should see her. Her skin is AMAZING and she is just down right gorgeous. I love the way she does makeup, it's classy and yet not overbearing. It's going to be fun. We are planning a makeover/ playdate with the kids and us. It'll be a blast. Hopefully I'll be able to wear this dress without too many rolls showing. If I fail to meet my goal I will be making a purchase of a girdle. Sigh, I must admit I wore one for a couple of formal dances in college... there is a definite reason why people wear them. They work. However, I think it's a faux pas to admit to wearing one so you will all forget I mentioned it. So between my pilates, diet (need to work on that one) and the girdle (again your memory has been altered) I will be able to fit into this dress and look HOT. Here's to dreams and wishes, and to family that inspire you to stick to some sort of goal (yeah Julie for getting married and threatening me with pictures!)

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

I love to read your blog, Nestle. You really make me laugh!

 
At 1/31/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

I'm glad I can provide some amusement. I'm actually really enjoying this. I was talking to Kevin yesterday and he said that I seemed to be a lot happier lately. I laughed and said it was because I was able to communicate with adult women more often via the blogs. Adult "conversations" are fabulous. Your blog is fun too. It's one of the ones I visit most often. smiles!!!

 
At 2/01/2006 01:28:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

LOVE the dress, Ness. You'll definitely look stunning. Remember to post a picture of you so we can ooh and aah over you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home