Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Beautiful

Jeanie came over today. She brought her makeup with her. That was fun. HELLO ALERT!!! If any of you have never used MAC (Makeup Artist something) makeup go and get yourself some today. OH my, is all I can say. Apparently MAC foundation, actually Jeanie put the powder on me, is the all time best. She put it on me and it didn't look like I was wearing makeup BUT my complexion and zits looked a WHOLE lot better. It was amazing. I was shocked because usually when I put on makeup, well it looks like I'm wearing makeup. Not with this stuff. It's $22 for a compact, expensive initially I know but Jeanie, who wears makeup everyday (She came over without makeup on today and it was the first time I realized she had freckles, lots of them, yep she's that good) said she couldn't make it through a compact in a year. Yipee that's the one for me. I'm actually going tomorrow.... or later this week to get me some. These are also her no fail tips. Mascara- Great Lash by Maybeline (pepto bismal pink container) She said it's been around for ages but it's because it's the best one. Won't clump like other ones. Lip color- Revlon color stay, it stays on even when eating food (a perpetual thing with me) and the pigments are awesome, Usually drugstores put it on sale buy one get one free once a month. Buy while on sale and stock up if you find one you like because Revlon is notorious for changing their formulas on color. Foundation- MAC, they have an absurd amount of tones that they can match your skin perfectly (might work Motts, you odd duck you) Eye Liner- Bobbi Brown, goes on smooth and won't wilt throughout the day Everything else get at the drug store, they've improved the pigments so well that it doesn't matter anymore and it's better not to pay absurd amounts of money for something that works the same. Oh yeah to tell a funny and SUPER embarrassing story on myself.... YOU MAY NOT MOCK ME, I bet most of you would have done the same thing. Anywho, Jeanie left her makeup here for me to goof off with while she went to get the emissions test on her hubby's car (her makeup kit consisting of a box 2ft x 1 ft x 1 ft, yep huge with massive amounts of makeup in it). Anywho she said for me to try this certain compact of eye shadows. Well I pick up said eyeshadows and proceed to do my eyes. Well let's just say I looked good until I got to the really dark stuff. It just didn't look right. Anyway when Jeanie got back I asked her to show me how to put on cream eyeshadow (the stuff I had been using). She gave me a super funny look and said "I don't think I have cream eyeshadow". She opened up the compact that she showed me to use and started laughing, looked at me and said "well I've been know to use lipstick for blush, I should have told you that the bottom row are lipstick". Yep in case you haven't guessed I was wearing lipsticks on my eyes. needless to say I laughed, blushed, and was completely embarrassed. Jeanie just giggled at me and said "hey it looks good". She's a good liar.... hee hee actually it did look good just the whole concept was funny. No, I did not take a picture and no, my eyes weren't bright red (I know what you're thinking, it wasn't like that they were taupy in color, jeez, like I was some kind of idiot or something, gosh! *reference to Napoleon Dynamite*) Hee hee. I'm still giggling and will be for a long long time.

7 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 01:50:00 AM, Blogger athena said...

Hey I use MAC makeup! The foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner, and lipstick.

 
At 2/08/2006 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

I am a new convert! I love it. Good stuff

 
At 2/08/2006 01:30:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Where do I buy it? Remember I'm from Hick Town, USA. And do they have samples that I can try to match the right foundation for me?? That's the whole reason I use Mary Kay, because they were the only ones that could actually match my skin tone without having to buy a whole bunch of wrong tones before getting the right one.

 
At 2/08/2006 02:57:00 PM, Blogger athena said...

Montse, where I am (in Austin) they have makeup artists who will do your makeup for free in any of the large retail stores like Nordstrom or JC Penny. You can talk about the colours etc with them. But I like MAC because it's also cost effective--or at least it is compared to the other products I use to use.

 
At 2/08/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Mo said...

MAC has the hands down best concealer, EVER. I am a confirmed cosmetics addict and I love the stuff. Here's another tip, if you like Lancome, but find it too pricey, Loreal will have a cheaper knock off of it.
BTW, thanks for the link!!!

 
At 2/08/2006 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Jeanie also used a powder makeup brush (bought at a drugstore she said not to buy the expensive ones) to put on the "pressed powder" She said it covers better and makes the powder last longer. Also, Motts, they have a counter and match your face with makeup. She said that they have the best trained personel with that. Usually they can get the right match right off the bat.

 
At 2/09/2006 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Thanks! I guess next time I'm in Reno I'll have to go to the mall and try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home