Thursday, November 02, 2006

Happiness

You never really appreciate health until you've been sick. And boy were we sick. Can I just say right now how much I LOVE the families I work for. Seriously, I really love them. On Tuesday I had to call everyone to come get their kids asap because Spencer became violently ill. We are talking there was throwup on every inch of the bathroom floor and kitchen (hey at least they got clean finally). The poor thing was just heaving, and dry heaving. This is the first time he's gotten throwup sick. He didn't know which way was up or down. Every one came asap and picked up their children, called that afternoon to see that he was ok and was just wonderful. Of course Spencer was aok after he had a nap and daddy came home. We weren't taking any chances so we didn't go trick or treating that night. Oh well Halloween will come again next year. So I've been battling the same thing the kids've had for this last week. It's a head cold with a post nasal drip thing that makes you cough nonstop. Well yesterday it decided to bowl me over. I guess I was just not taking care of myself like I should have been. Anyway when I went to get up yesterday morning it felt like I had been hit by a truck. I hurt in every part of my body. I got up to feed the kids and it HURT! I've never hurt like that before. I was dizzy in the head and it was crazy painful. I decided we were calling in sick (for the first time for me). My families were so nice about it. they asked to bring me things and lunch. I told them I just needed to sleep it off. which I did. Can I just tell you I have the most angelic little kids on the face of the planet. They seem to know when Mommy needs them to be on their best behavior and needs them to fend for themselves. Medicine was just not working for me yesterday. This is a first where dayquil, theraflu and advil haven't worked for me. I was a very sad puppy. I actually got up to get the kids food, turn on the tv and went back to bed. My little angels fended for themselves for the morning and around 1, after lunch went and took naps until 4:30. MY KIDS WENT WILLINGLY TO BED TO NAP WITH NO FUSSING OR FIGHTING AND ACTUALLY FELL ASLEEP! How crazy is that. I too slept with them... actually I kind of slept the whole day. Sad I know but it hurt to get out of bed. We all got up around 4:30-5 ish and I was feeling a bit better. I tried different medication (alieve... good stuff, advil didn't cut it for the first time. Usually I dont' respond at all to alieve. yesterday I did). My pain left me and I was able to funciton yesterday evening. Poor Kevin, I think he looked at me and thought to himself "you called in sick?" Because I was really soooo much better last night that I was during the day. Anywhoo my families were so nice. I really have a good life. Seriously very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home