Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ahhhhhh Sundays

So a peaceful Sunday you assume? Ha! Today was Ward Conference and all that entailed... after a sleepless night (yep I was sick but couldn't call in sick to church because... you guessed it, ward Conference) Actually it wasn't bad at all. I just wasn't looking forward to it because we were having people "observe" us instead of taking over which I've only experienced in the past. So after church we go home, yep walking around for 2 hours (in case you forgot I'm the primary secretary) did not help the stomach ache that I had. I laid down to rest while the kids were playing in the other room. Kev got home and was working on the computer when we heard it. Bam! Cry.... Oh boy. Kev went running then was yelling "Ness! Ness! Need Help!". Spencer had decided to do something, what we don't know however we have a feeling it involves climbing and split open his nose. Blood everywhere I might add. It was a pretty good gash across the bridge of his nose. Away to the ER we went to have either a stitch or glue put on. I was annoyed because the PA didn't completely wash out the clot in his wound before glueing it so it looks open a bit. she said "oh it's not nearly as deep as I thought it was". Um open it up wash out the clot and see for yourself how deep it is. Even the med student was annoyed. She just tried to glue it shut over the clot deep down which is not condusive to closure so it still looks open a bit. But oh well, if he scars he'll be one of those really handsome men with interesting scars to brag about. At least we know he's healthy. Of course this is after a 4 hour nap after getting home. He's doing good. This is the best pict I got of him. He decided he did not want his picture taken. You can't really see it but the red part is the part that's quasi-opened. It's sealed on the sides of the red. The cut actually extends from where his eyebrow goes down in the pict to 3/4 of the way across his nose. Yep it's a doozy. And no I did not overreact. I specifically asked if this was something that really wasn't bad and i was overreacting. She said no for that level of cut she would bring him in everytime. I asked because I'm positive this is not the last time we will be at the ER. Although I must say it looks pretty pathetic now in the picts. It does extend farther than the red in my defense.... it was also the first time I've had to deal with an injured baby. *sniff*Needless to say he's quite proud of himself.

4 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 12:26:00 AM, Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

Poor little guy! Although, I must say, he looks pretty happy eating in the second pic. Too cute!

 
At 4/24/2006 04:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bummer! Our Emmet fell down a few stairs coming out of church; thankfully nothing opened, but it made for a traumatic day of worship...

oh, ps, i noticed that your link to my page is erroneous, just fyi.

 
At 4/24/2006 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Glad to hear Emmet was ok. I've fixed the site. Thanks for the heads up. *sadly this isn't the first time I've done this.

 
At 4/30/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

Awww! But it does somehow make his eyes look even more striking...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home