Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pleasantly Surprised

There are a couple of books I can say growing up that I've hated. Yes I know it's a strong word but yes hate is the appropriate word. In school I had to read Tuck Everlasting. I hate this book. I don't know why I don't like it but because I was so disgusted by it I actually threw it against the wall, but, because it was for a school assignment I had to pick it up again... and promptly threw it again. Another one of the books I can say I've hated has been the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe. Again I couldn't stand it. You see because I'm a lover of reading even if I don't like a book I NEED to finish it. Yes it is NEED. Unless it is one of these two books. I've revisited them as an adult with the same experience, utter dislike... Anyway I received the Narnia, lion witch and wardrobe movie for my birthday. And for lack of anything else to do Kevin and I watched it. I was impressed. I was really surprised because I liked it. Doesn't mean I'm going to pick up the books anytime soon but I really liked the movie. :-) Yea! for Hollywood!

3 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

I had no idea you didn't like the Narnia books. I love them!

I've been trying to get Eve to read the series because I love it. She resisted, but after watching the movie on Saturday promptly picked up the first book and is now on book 4. She loves them!

 
At 4/12/2006 06:36:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

We've listened to the series on audiobook this year and the kids all loved it. We also listened to Tuck Everlasting and they loved that one too. I was mixed on it.

 
At 4/13/2006 02:59:00 AM, Blogger athena said...

i love the narnia books too. why didn't you like it? i could see why a child wouldn't like it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home