Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Sunday

So our Easter was definitly different as well as exhausting and yet fun at the same time. Kevin and I were planning on a very fun relaxing day with the kids. I was going to make some pork chops with some yummy sides for dinner and it was going to be really laid back. We were going to take picts of the kids... the only one we came up with was this one...

OK so that was the plan. But, plans go awry as did ours. Some of our good friends are getting their bathroom redone... their only bathroom. I come to find out that their bathroom is still not done and the contractor's power tools are all across the dining room and the kitchen, meaning no Easter dinner. So being the nice person that I am I invited them over. Ahhh the rub. Mom, you taught me too well. Yes I do invite people over without thinking about it, until I get home and realize there is not enough food in the fridge to feel my family and another family of 5. I have 2 medalion pork chops. No tortillas so Mexican food was out. I turn to my Father's teaching. I made homemade raviolis. Yummmmm..... unless you are making them by hand without a pasta roller.... and upon finishing your raviolis (flour and egg, insides: ricotta cheese, parmesean and parsley) you remember that the woman you are feeding is gluten intollerant... meaning no flour or wheat based product. PANIC!!! However, yours truly does think well on her feet an provided enough sides to compensate for the lack of a really good meal. It was fun once they got here and relaxed with us, crazy up until that point but utterly and completly worth it. We had a wonderful visit. Megan benefitted because they brought Roxie's old dress up clothes so Megan now has a full fledged dress up kit (including 3 sparkle dresses, a Sleeping beauty dress, gloves, crowns, headbands, and 5 pairs of dress up shoes, pom poms and a bucket full of beads) I can definitly say I love not thinking twice about inviting someone over. I might regret it for a couple of hours while I'm scrambling to make sure Ihave something to feed them when they come over for dinner but it is totally worth it. Thanks Mom.

4 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

You mean you eat store bought tortillas? You don't make your own?? I'm shocked! J/K! Glad it all turned out well. The kids are darling!

 
At 4/20/2006 12:19:00 AM, Blogger athena said...

we love ravioli. one day i would like to make it from scratch.

 
At 4/20/2006 07:24:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

2 cups flour
3 eggs

that's pasta

1 cup riccotta
1/2 cup parmesean
1/4 cup parsley

make ravioli
add sause

 
At 4/20/2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger athena said...

hey thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home