Friday, February 24, 2006

American Heroes

I have to admit I have a special place in my heart for our service men and women. I am a history buff and I've learned many a thing about the courage of these men and women and their desire to serve for the better good. My all time favorite books on American History are books written by Jeff Shaara. He has a brilliant way of capturing history in a narrative form. I love the way he is able to capture the essence of the men and women of the certain time periods. It wasn't until I was reading the book "The Glorious Cause" that I fully understood the sacrifices of the the women of the men that fought for our country. I know the armed services have changed but I know that it's not only them that are the heroes. It's the women (spouses) that stay behind to raise their children that are also heroes. These women keep things running. The women inspire the men to keep fighting. These women are amongst the strongest I've ever seen or met. They have to remain strong when they feel like their lives are falling apart. I have a hard time staying away from Kev for a day or two but to imagine these women having to see their men go off and not know if they are coming back, the courage they have to keep going. They are the epitome of the saying courage isn't the absence of fear, only the bravery to push through it. I honor them. I honor their sacrifice. I honor their courage and praise their worthiness of heart and mind. They are truly brave women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home