Thursday, February 23, 2006

self sufficiency

So I feel this blog is a great location to place a vent/rant whatever you want to call it. Also to work through some thoughts. I need to do this because it's WAY WAY too early to call my mom and complain.... and I need to let it out. Kevin's in a huge exam right now and mom's on the other coast and friends are all sleeping!!! Sigh. So Megan threw up this morning.... Tracy stop passing along what your kids have!! She woke up complaining of a hurting tummy and upchucked.... all over me I might add. I had just done my new makeup gotten dressed (I even ironed my shirt!) and I was holding Megan and whammo. Unfortunately (or fortunately considering how you look at it) a certain child I watch came early today. So here it is 7:40 in the morning T's been here all of 5 minutes and Megan goes and hurls all over everything. I called T's mom and had her come back and pick him up. When she got here her comment was this "Oh I hope it wasn't what T had." My mouth dropped. "When did T have this?" OVER THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was/am furious! I had to call the other parents of whose children I watch and help them find someone else to watch their kids. In saying that baby S was apparently up all night coughing ... which she hasn't gotten over the last time we were sick.... so much so that her parents were afraid she was going to throw-up and aspirate the vomit (these are not excitable people, dad's a doctor). So here's the dilemma. T's parents are being very inconsiderate in bringing their child ill only to get everyone else sick. Easy I know, say I'm not going to watch their child anymore. Ahhh the clutch. The income from said child makes life tremendously easier (aka no food storage meals unless I choose to do it) I can also save up for things (like makeup, bookshelves, residency interviews, board exams) ugh. Oh well it was a short reprieve from the grind of number crunching. I guess it's back to the grind now. I feel much better now that I've gotten this out. and it's late enough to call my mom! ;-)

5 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 09:59:00 AM, Blogger athena said...

sigh. i'll send over some get well vibes for the little one. meanwhile you go get all dolled up again. if i were there i would take YOUR kids for a day while you take a well earned break. how far are you from texas? sigh.

 
At 2/23/2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

We are now on our third outfit for the day. I've decided not to waste and so I'm in my pjs along with the kids. At least I have a quasi day off from the other kids.

 
At 2/23/2006 10:42:00 AM, Blogger andalucy said...

I assume you've talked to T's mom about not bringing her child when he is infectious. What a pain! Atleast your kids are building up some good resistance.

 
At 2/23/2006 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

They believe if he's sick in the morning and good to go in the aternoon he's not infectious. Yep had the discussion.

 
At 2/23/2006 06:55:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

lol you make me smile. Kids are better after 3 hour naps. Must add mommy took one too. 7-up is our friend. just teasing Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home