Thursday, February 09, 2006

sister

Megan is the cutest little girl. She is soooo into princesses right now. They've totally trumped out Dora. Unfortunately I have to return Aladdin to the library tomorrow. Big trouble when we have a little girl begging for "Jasmine, Mommy I want to watch Jasmine". She is so into it. We've seen Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White, none of them have had this effect on her. Actually Cinderella did for a time but not to this extent. Today, I had a shock though from her. She came up to me and said "I need a sister." Ummm hey, where do you go from there. I looked at her and laughed and said "You need a sister?" I didn't even know she knew what a sister was. Yikes! It was only after a bit that I realized she was singing to a song playing on the radio at the time and grabbed onto the idea in the song. I only just realized what she was saying... no it was not that she needs a sister it's that she is the sister. I'll explain. The song goes like this "Mommy's got a sheep on her head, Mommy's got a sheep on her head, Mommy's got a sheep on her head and it baa's at her all day." When that came on she pointed to me and said "You need a Mommy!" Meaning mommy needed to say baaaaaaa. Then it got to the sister part and I think that's what she was referring to. All the rest of the say she kept saying "Spencer's a brother, Megan's a girl, Megan's a sister". Needless to say it made me laugh and breath a sigh of relief. Not yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home