Thursday, January 26, 2006

elusive time....

This week has been a barrage of todo lists and failures to manage time efficiently. Although I must say I got a lot accomplished. Wednesday for daytime enrichment the ladies wanted everyone to bring their quiet books. Realizing that I had yet to go to the store to get the heat bond to finish my quiet books I put coats on the kids, got the carseat that needed to be loaded up and went out the door.... after closing the door I realized we didn't have the keys. We were locked out. 3 toddlers and a 6 month old on her way in an hour we were stuck in the hallway. Needless to say it was an experience I do not wish to repeat. Luckily we had access to the basement (mutual storage area with our neighbors) where I collected blankets, extra childrens books and retired toys. We laid down all the blankets on the floor where we then plopped ourselves for the next 3 hours. Let's just say that the hallway is NOT big enough for all of us. It's about 7 feet long and 3 feet wide. Sam (the baby) was able to sleep in her carrier and the kids thought it was pretty cool to have a "fort". After about 1 1/2 hours Megan decided she needed to go "potty". I was in a decided panic until I remembered the utility sink in the basement. I know, I know, gross, however necessity breeds ingenuity. Needless to say we survived. Not by much however. After all the kids left that night both of the children crashed as did I. In bed by 8, not a bad night... only to start again in the morning. I was almost able to finish the quiet books. I only have to head bond the pages together, or sew them however I'm not feeling THAT crafty. Anywhoo they'll look quite cute when they are done. Mom bought them from ldsquietbooks.com . I realized this morning that I've been so busy in the evenings that I haven't had time to read my beowulf nor Bring out your dead this week. Sigh, we'll have to try again later today.

2 Comments:

At 1/28/2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Ugh! Aren't you glad that ordeal is over with? Sounds like you handled it really well though.

 
At 1/28/2006 09:10:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

I was exhausted but the kids had fun. It made for a fun story at least. Kevin keeps laughing at me that it happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home