Sunday, January 15, 2006

Promises

It's interesting how cohesive Sundays seem to be of late. Today we had the opportunity to hear from our Stake President. He is a fascinating man. He is the President and CEO of the National Mining Association and well as a truly inspired man. Today he repeated a promise given to us from the pulpit that if we put our houses in order and do everything to live according to the will of God we will be blessed, temporally, spiritually and we will be blessed in all of our endeavors. This in and of itself was reassuring as to what we are trying to do in our home. After that I taught sharing time, which was on promises the Lord gives to us. It was fascinating to review with the children our Heavenly Father's love for us. It's interesting how often we forget the blessings we receive from Him. The one that really struck me was from Matthew 11: 28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." I think of what Kevin and I have been through in the last few years and it's amazing to see that there were very few times when I felt sad, or stressed or anything along those lines. I can only attribute it to the provisions of this promise. I think of the stress that a normal human being would feel when asked to pay tuition at Georgetown and no have the means to do it. To have a jobs provided when in need and to have the patience to work with 5 children under the age of 3 (well actually Megan just turned 3) everyday is a miracle to me. I think of what the Lord asks of us, to trust him to obey him in all aspects. He truly grants us peace and rest. The peace I feel is the knowledge that the Lord is in all aspects of our lives and that things will turn out the way the Lord wants them to and in His own time. Once we realize that we have rest. On a complete side note we asked Megan how her second week in Sunbeams went this was our answer "Sister Amanda had a pretty skirt and very pretty socks and Sister Becky had a bandaid on her toe. I like Sister Becky. I like my new class." Sister Amanda was wearing this funky skirt and fish net stockings. She apparently was a hit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home