Saturday, November 04, 2006

A pinch of this a dash of that

So Jeanie and I had lunch the other day. Did I ever tell you how much I admire her cooking abilities? Anyway we ate pumpkin soup. It was delicious. Today I decided to make my own pumpkin soup. Following her pinch of this a shake of that recipe I made a batch today. OHHHHH sooo yummy so I pass on the recipe. one can of pumpkin one can of black beans one lg can of chicken broth left over rotisserie or whatever chicken you have on hand (about 2 handfuls) lots of garlic cumin 4 shakes of pumpkin pie spice salt red pepper (adds a smoky flavor) ** a touch of curry, not too much you don't want to create a curry, it just adds a little something. so I did this times two for the week and it is heavenly it. It tastes like a soup that you don't know what's in it but you can't identify what makes it sooo good. It's the pumpkin. Because after it's all done if you didn't know pumpkin was in it you just wouldn't know. But it is so yummy. This got a WHOA THAT'S GOOD from Kevin. Yes! Success!

3 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 07:07:00 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Can I ask...do you liquidise all of this, or are all the black beans whole? And what's in pumpkin pie spice because we won't for SURE have that over here?

 
At 11/10/2006 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Actually what I ended up doing was getting the pumkin pie mix/pumpkin. It has the spice in it. It's the canned stuff that is like super ready to make a pie. I didn't emulsify anything. It's all whole (I've learned my family likes soup with substance) so the chicken and beans were whole. As far as pumkin pie spice I think it's just cinnamon, all spice and a bit of cloves. Try that.

 
At 11/10/2006 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Got to find canned pumpkin now. Most stores don't do that either. I'll try Asda (as they are run by WalMart).

I miss some American food...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home