Sunday, October 01, 2006

So hairyshoefairy tagged me. I was reading her tag then without even thinking about looking at who she tagged I went on to read another blog... Hahahhaa. Here I am reading this other blog when it registered that my name was on hairyshoefairy's post. What? Hmm? I went back and sure enough there I am. Hee hee. funny how our brains retain things and then process them a bit after they are initially registered. What do you like most about where you live? The proximity to EVERYTHING. I can literally walk down the street and see the Washington Monument. I can also walk down the street to the grocery store and the library and I'm withing walking distance of 5 different parks. I can drive for a whole 6 minutes in traffic and be at my daughter's school, which is really good when I'm moving a bit slowly in the morning and we're running late. I also love the trees. Everything is green and living (without having to work on it, which is good considering I tend to kill all living plants that are actually cultivated) and Arlington works hard to keep the city beautiful. The streets and homes are lovely too. I just love the colonial style homes that are here in abundance. What's one of your all time favorite music albums and why? ooooo hard one. It's hard because I like the ways bands sound so I'll list my bands. I love anything by Better than Ezra, why? I couldn't say except I love their songs. I always end up singing thumping (thumping is what you do in the car while a really great song is on the radio, you know strumming the guitar with your fingers and playing the drumss... you know thumping). I mean seriously how can you not start dancing and singing to "oa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa juicy.... oa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa juicy". Click on Juicy It's one of my new favs. Also anything by Cake, I mean who can redo really old songs and just make them cool like Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps by Doris Day or I will survive by our dear Gloria Gaynor at the same time having very catchy newer songs (if any of you love me and want to buy me a great Christmas present cds or mp3 players so I can play my downloaded songs are welcome from these bands). I also really like how the Killers sound. Did you have a passion for something as a kid that you still have now? Does making a mess count? I love being creative. My mom tells a story how I couldn't learn to cross-stich because I was too free form. It seems to be the story of my life. I love working outside the box. Seriously I love going above and beyond in anythign I do. It's exhausting but hey that's me. I love anything artsy. yep that's me but if I have to follow rules with my artsy stuff forget it. I like free form artsy. What do you like most about having a blog? keeping in touch with my siblings. We aren't the greatest at it. I mean the calling each other, emailing thing but this way we can see what's up with each other and talk way more often because we know what's going on in eachothers lives. I also get to "meet" really cool people that I've enjoyed getting to know via their blogs (yes I'm sooooooo tagging you guys, actually I already knew Dave but it's fun to catch up with what you're up to). Who am I tagging? Tracy, Calandria, Athena, Montse and Dave

3 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 06:59:00 PM, Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

You're funny. :)

 
At 10/03/2006 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

thank you. I'll take that as a compliment. :-D

 
At 10/04/2006 02:29:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

Hey Nes!

Sorry I haven't posted on this yet. I promise I'll get to it soon. I like stuff like this. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home