Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We are officially into surgery

I haven't posted for a bit because we were trying to spend quality time together before surgery started. Well it started yesterday. yeah. I think that was supposed to be an easy day too because they had orientation in the morning then clinic the rest of the day. So Kev left the house yesterday at 6:30am and didn't come home until 7:30 pm. The kid were exhausted so they went to bed at 7pm. Kev walked in asked if the kids were down and went in to give hugs and kisses before they went to sleep. Poor thing. This morning it got worse. The alarm went off at 4:15 this morning. Kev left the house at 4:45. That poor guy. All I can say is thank goodness mom and dad got us a bed we can actually sleep on. I'm going to have the kids take naps after Megan gets home from school so that I can keep them up later so that Kevin and see them awake. I don't think he'll be getting home until after 7 each day so we'll see what we can work out. This is going to be a rough little patch until December. Melissa and I laugh because her husband Jon will be up at the DCVA hospital doing a rotation up there, the same place where Kevin will be. Usually when Jon's up there he has really long hours so she is also planning on not seeing her husband until December. We are already planning on having our support group together. There is also a med student's wife that just moved into our ward. She's going to be our friend too along those lines. Kevin is so cute he's making me quilting frames and Jeanie's given me more hours (money) to watch Caroline during the week, which we are using to pay for Directtv so I have somthing to do while he's gone. So I will be quilting and watching all these fun shows on tv!! You don't realize how cool reception is, especially when it is aquired without tin foil!!! :-) It also came with free DVR so I can record all of our favorite shows for Kev when he gets a chance (thanksgiving? or Christmas) to watch them.... not bad without commercials. hee hee. I already miss him though. He came home yesterday and had some reading he had to get done for this morning. Poor thing. I made a whole bunch of pasta salad though and put it in containers. This salad can be eaten hot or cold so he can grab it and go. I'm going to make a variety each week so he has hearty meals he can eat to keep himself going. His friend said that he lost 10lbs during surgery because he was only able to grab one meal a day, he was so busy. Newfound respect for mom for doing this for 5 years. whew! at least it will break me in for future residencies.

1 Comments:

At 9/26/2006 06:22:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

I hope the time goes by quickly for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home