Tuesday, September 19, 2006

High trauma

My baby had her first day of school today. She's growing up. She could care less who her mama is. So this morning I gave her her finished Pinkalicious quilt (yes I finished it at 10:30 last night). We talked about it being a hug from mommy when she needed one she just had to wrap herself in the quilt. She loved that idea and started hugging it right away. When we finally got to the school it self was really exciting. There is one door that the kids are allowed to enter and a bus had just dropped off a ton of them so there were all these kids going to the doors with back packs on the school busses were right there. Megan was so thrilled she started running down the side walk yelling "I'm going to school! I'm going to school!". The only time she got a bit nervous was when we had to wade through the 2nd graders in the hall, but then she wouldn't hold my hand only Spencer's. When we got to the classroom it was like "mom who?" Yep. She gave her teacher a hug and immediately got down some sorting stuff and off to a table she went. Actually she was a bit shy with one little girl but then she started chatting and she was off. As I was leaving I asked for a kiss and hug. I got an air kiss, but Spencer got the full hug and kiss works. Sigh. She's growing up. She was so adorable there. She will do well and I am excited to see how her day has gone. Kev was able to come home early (fluke, the physicians had a meeting to go to so there wasn't any clinic) so we are sitting around pacing until we can go pick her up. I miss my baby. On the home front, Spencer is LOVING being at home with mommy by himself. He held my hand all the way to the car (which he never does when Megan's around). He also cuddled and snuggled during story time and over all had a fun and great time with me today. My house is quiet. Sad quiet. I'll be better tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 9/19/2006 08:20:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Megan looks so grown up! The quilt turned out ADORABLE!!!

 
At 9/20/2006 09:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ness! cute quilt! Megan sure looks like she was ready for school to start. :-D

 
At 9/20/2006 08:00:00 PM, Blogger andalucy said...

That is a gorgeous quilt.

Looks like a Montessori! Is it? I love Montessori.

 
At 9/24/2006 12:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt Vanessa.
I didn't know you quilted!!!

How fun for Megan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home