Sunday, September 03, 2006

a story for the ages....

So every once in a while there comes along a story that goes on to live into family history of telling and retelling. Grandma and Grandpa were not even away from the baggage claim and another of our family lore has come into existence. So here's the story. We were late getting to the airport to get Grandma and Grandpa. We got there while they were waiting for their luggage. Due to the airport being 45 minutes away I took the kids inside to go potty and to go find Grandma and Grandpa. Well we found Grandma, said our hellos and were going to head off to the potty when we spotted Grandpa looking for his luggage. Thinking it would be really cute for Megan to go up and say hi to grandpa I sent her on her way to say hi to Grandpa who was wearing a yellow shirt (I was about 6 feet behind them). Anyway the view that I had was downright hystarical. Megan goes up to day and said "HI". Dad looked at her and had an "OH crud what do I do?" look on his face. He was like "there's a lost child coming up to me and saying hi." Then she went and gave him a hug. His face at that point was an "OH CRAP! Someone's going to think I'm trying to take their little girl!" look on his face. Needless to say I'm dying of laughter because it just looked soooooooo funny! Then I yelled out "Grandpa say HI". Then it hit him that this was his granddaughter. Well needless to say he was pretty sheepish.

2 Comments:

At 9/03/2006 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Way to go Dad. Usually it's the three-year old who can't recognize someone she hasn't seen for a while. Are you getting Alzheimer's??? HAHAHAHA!!!!

 
At 9/05/2006 11:50:00 AM, Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

ROFL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home