Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Reading is fun

So in the very recent past I tried to make an attempt to read the ultimate classics. I made it throught the Aeneid only because I enjoyed it the first time I read it. I had a hard time getting up the energy to read anything else however. Recently upon browsing the library I found that I MISSED THE 11 BOOK! of the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. This is a series I started while still a teenager and have anxiously awaited each sequel to the book. Somehow in all the hubub of this past year we (Kevin included because I got him hooked on them too) missed the release of the 11th book in the series. 11th book! you say? Oh yeah baby. This is a fun series (epic fantasy) and there are only supposed to be 12 books in the series. It is totally fun to read. So then I find out that Robert Jordan the author .... HAS A TERMINAL DISEASE! ARGHHHHH!. If he dies before finishing the last book I will be so bumbed I can not express. The book was good bytheway. Onto another book. I started.... and finish Terry Goodkind's "Wizard's First Rule". Ummm it was really really good. It was fun to get sucked into a good book... although I admit I was a bad mommy for a day... and a half. sigh I'll have to do better next time or I'll have to not let myself read anymore.

3 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 01:47:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

My girls hate when I'm into a book. Everything else, including them, gets zoned out. Eve does the same thing too.

 
At 5/11/2006 05:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my kids hate when i write--i ignore everyone.

 
At 5/12/2006 09:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's really nothing like getting caught up in a great book. i've holed myself away for hours and hours. love it! yesterday i was trying to start john le carre's spy novel (the perfect spy) and it was just too slow, so i gave into my sloshy insides and started a nicholas sparks novel instead (he's the guy who wrote the books on which The Notebook and A Walk to Remember were based).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home