Tuesday, February 21, 2006

shopping

So I posted earlier about needing to find a dress for my sister-in-law's wedding. After yesterday I've decided to take the passive aggressive route about the whole thing. Forget it. Not doing it. Will not be done. Sorry Julie I'm NOT doing it again. For those of you not aware of the situation I am to find a pink cocktail dress. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAA. Oh the awefulness of the situation. First of all finding a modest cocktail dress to begin with is nearly impossible. You see a cocktail dress is dressier than a Sunday dress and yet not quite an evening gown, usually knee length or very nice pants...... If you try to find a cocktail dress at a dept store you are looking at paying $160-$400. I can't take the kids to Ross their stroller won't fit down the aisle and I refuse to leave them in the hallway where I can't see them. Anyway I went into sticker shock yesterday. I found 1 yes one dress that was modest..... not pink but hey it was modest. The price tag $230. So I've been trying to save up for a nice bookshelf/buffet table to go in my dining room. This way I can make it look nice and be able to hide the kids stuff. So I've been saving and was hoping to buy one in the coming month or so. Yep, that's not going to happen because I have to buy a freaking dress that I will only be able to wear once. AND I'M NOT EVEN A PART OF THE BRIDAL PARTY!!!! To say I'm upset about the whole thing is an understatement. PINK? Are you kidding me?? I think IF and only IF I do buy a new dress it will be black, that way I can use it again, and I will dress it up with pink jewlery (chunky beads or somthing). Right now I'm in all out rebellion. NOT DOING IT!!!!! ARGGGGG. I hate shopping for dresses. This is the one type of shopping I actually detest. On a high note I finally bought my MAC Cosmetic makeup. I LOVE IT!!!! I got the liquid to powder instead of the pressed powder Jeanie used on me. LOVE IT!!! The girl at the counter did half of my face so I could see the difference. All of a sudden one half of my face actually had sleep last night. Neither side was wearing makeup... Had I not seen her actually put it on I wouldn't have felt it either. I just looked good all of a sudden. It also earned an approval from Kev. Yipeee...... I can look pretty everyday...not just on Sunday.... Yipee!!

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 09:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your idea of a black dress with funky pink beads is really good!
I am getting remarried...and I have a big bridal party (six ladies)((I would have eloped but he is insisting on big fiesta)) anyway since it is a second wedding I have told my ladies that they can wear what they want! Only my little girls have to match...however this has caused great consternation in the maids circle because they don't want to be too up or down...
Anyway good luck with it! I thought your little black dress idea was good! And for really COOOOOL dresses try www.vintageous.com!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home