Wednesday, June 21, 2006

exhaustion and vacation

So I've decided that our vacation in indeed timely. I think I've reached the burn out point in my career as a nanny. At least I really really need a vacation. I think the kids do too. We've been trying to do too much... not that it's a lot but with 4 kids and sometimes 5 it's too much. I think it all culminated with potty training. I had the 2 boys potty trained. We were good to go and then E's parents had a "busy weekend". Pull-ups are made to make some of the water stay close to the child so that when they feel wet they know it's not a feeling they should have. Unfortunately if you are using them as a diaper the wetness on the skin is a bad thing and the child (if you're not picking up on my pc... E in particular) ends up with a REALLY bad diaper rash and after 2 weeks of doing great we are back to square one. At least he'll learn that here at my house we use the toilet.... I think anyway. So back to the point at hand. Kevin takes his boards (don don don... ) on Saturday and we will leave strait from there and drive down to Williamsburg where we will be vacationing for the next week. I am soooo excited. We've found these passes that the city puts out where you can visit everything (Bush Gardens, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, watercountry usa and other stuff) for a cheaper price. We plan on doing portions of it next week so I'm really excited about it. I'm excited to just spend time with the kids on our own. Did you know we've never been on our own vacation as a family? This will be our first and we are stoked about it. I've been going out run/walking with the double jogger trying to build up my endurance for the week (ok just kidding, I have been going out but we are not going to be crazy next week). So far here's the plan. Sunday relax and recuperate from the week. Monday, Water country usa, wimbeldon, crackerbarrell :-) Tuesday. Wimbledon, colonial williamsburn, crackerbarrell. Wednesday. Wimbledon, tennis, jamestown, crackerbarrell (ok just kidding we'll do outback today) Thursday. Wimbledon, yorktown, Friday, beach Saturday bush gardens? Each main even will take a 2-4 hours with 2 toddlers so we'll crash the rest of the days and watch tennis and world cup (yep our hotel has cable. :-)

1 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 02:26:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

You are so lucky to live by so many historic places! Have fun, enjoy the change of pace, and RELAXATION!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home