Thursday, June 08, 2006

keeper of the flame

So Kevin got his father's day gift early. I was a little hesitant getting this because well I was being selfish. I've been saving about $20 dollars a week attempting to save for a double jogging stroller. I babysit one of my friends little girls a couple of hours a week and this is my weekly take home pay. Well as I said I've been saving for a bit to buy this jogger. I had finally made it and I was actually going to purchase one this week on the internet, that or go to rei or babiesr us. Well then I realized father's day was coming up. So I went shopping for his gift, deciding to really splurge on this wonderful man who has been so kind and thoughtful to all of us (he gave me a great foot rub last night after I went walking). Anyway the thought was get something pratical that he will need for his rotations that start in July (yeah that's going to sting the wallet a bit) but I decided he need just a gift, one that wasn't for work or school but for sheer pleasure. He got a grill. Not a puny girly grill but a man's grill (I didn't have enough for a weber but that doesn't matter). Here is his grill. I expect grilled loveliness from now on on the weekends. :-) Note: Lest you think I'm the most wonderful lady to give up my splurge money I've been saving for FOREVER, dont'. My friend needs to bring her little girl over a bit more this month so I should have my double stroller by the end of the month. :-)

2 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Montserrat said...

Oooh. Jospeh loves the grill we got him a couple years ago. I grilled some shrimp on it the other day. It was GOOD!

 
At 6/12/2006 03:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home