Sunday, November 05, 2006

The hills are alive

Oh yeah baby! I am training my kids early. They stand no chance. They have no hope. Today was fleshy day (as are all Sundays), meaning all children under the age of 5 are in their undies all day after church. OK this was not my mandate but that of the kids. Soooo anyway as I was saying, today was fleshy day so here are my children after their naps sitting on a towel on the carpet, eating Count Chockula cereal (I know I know wrong on so many levels) and I turned on The Sound of Music. It was awesome, the singing the dancing, the Spenc refusing to go potty because he didn't want to miss a minute of "high on the hill was a lonely goat heard ladioladio lady hee who". Yep he was dancing and dancing because he didn't want to miss a minute of it. I paused it finally and he dashed to the bathroom to appear in point 2 seconds with undies in hand ready to resume the movie. Man, they were into it. THEY WATCHED THE WHOLE THING! They were very concerned about the bad guys trying to get the family. We had that whole section with me holding Spencer and Megan (yes they were nervous) and we were all yelling at the tv "Get down and hide! Don't let them see you!" and "Run Run Run family Run!". Yes it was a great experience it was me and my kids and the Sound of Music on Fleshy Day. Doesn't get much better than that. (It might have been better with Kevin but he had to go to the Hospital. I only say might because had he been there the evening would have abounded with sarcastic comments. We'll convert him to the Sound yet!!! I'll get you my pretty! *laughing diabolically thinking of converting Kevin into loving the Sound of Music as much as I do ah ha hahahha!* OK I'm back to my normal self. continue on to your regularly scheduled programming).

2 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

HA!!! I live for the day when Celyn is completely entranced by any of the following:

(a) The Sound of Music
(b) Mary Poppins
(c) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Happiness.

And my husband can't stand the lot of them.

Philistine.

 
At 11/10/2006 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

rolf. no kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home