Thursday, June 01, 2006

Euripides

So I've been reading Euripides' plays. So far I've read through a few of the collection that I have. I love them so far due to the fact that, at least to me, they are funny. Euripides has a tendency to try to take what he see around him and satire it. It turns out pretty humerous in the long run. It's almost as if he writes this fantastic play, tragic even, and then because of the popular mentality of the time of wanting (ok at this point my mind switched to spanish. weird how sometimes I can't think of the word in English but it come easily in Spanish... help me resolver... hee hee ok got it once I typed it out) the stories resolved so in a few sort paragraphs Euripides sums up the entire play and puts a happy ending on it. It's pretty abupt, but funny.

1 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's interesting to see that you think they're funny. some thing they're dark and immoral.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home