Thursday, August 10, 2006

Arlington Alert!

So after reading MoMommy's post on 9/11 and reminicing about that I went to check my email. Now if you don't know what an Arlington Alert is... it's the email equivelant of the public broadcast system. Also the DC area sometimes is at a higher alert leve than the most of the country. This was somehow distressing today.... I have to stop thinking about 9/11. eek! "The United States Government has raised the nation’s threat level to Severe, or Red, forcommercial flights originating in the United Kingdom bound for the United States. Thisadjustment reflects the Critical, or highest, alert level that has been implemented in theUnited Kingdom. To defend further against any remaining threat from this plot, the Department ofHomkeland Security has raised the threat level to High, or Orange, for all commercial aviationoperating in or destined for the United States."

2 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 08:34:00 PM, Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

Okay, so this has nothing to do with your post, but I don't have your email, so I'm asking here. Where does one find a girlde for after a c-section? I dug out an old corsette type thing I had from a show I did and am wearing that, but it's not really doing the job. I need a girdle, I think. Help!

 
At 8/11/2006 07:16:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa and Rebecca said...

The hospital gave me one. Any dept store should have some in the intimates section. I would actually try the drug store for a kind of back brace type thing. It really was just a wide (10inches) strap that velcroed around my waist. They called it a girdle so so do I. I found a link that describes it exactly. I think they sell stuff like this for slight back/ab support in the drugstore. Hey even if it's heated....

Here's the link
http://www.braceshops.com/proddetail.asp?prod=346304

Seriously the relief is almost immediate. If you can't find anything like this I think they have girdles in about any dept store. Check the intimates section. You can even ask for one that is zippered (which bytheway I had no idea about until I was looking for a link for you). :-) This will help, ALOT. If all else fails get control top panty hose and cut the legs off. :-)

Personally I'm going for these next time. Even after I'm done with the strap. Hee hee

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=107922&CategoryID=5266

On another note. Ask if you can take Advil. Tylenol didn't work for me because it didn't take away inflamation (which is what we had being cut open and everything). I only had to take a couple of advil every so often and I'd feel better, where as with tylenol I was popping every 4 hours... really really sore. It just didn't do it for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home